- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
Mari Carmen Aponte
Latest Mari Carmen Aponte Items
The Senate confirmed Mari Carmen Aponte as U.S. ambassador to El Salvador in a simple voice vote that hid the intense two-year controversy over her nomination.
The tea party Republican who sought former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' seat in Congress has dropped out of the fall race, two days after losing a special election to serve out her term.
In the recent presidential debates in New Hampshire, no comment received a more positive response that Newt Gingrich's statement about the anti-Christian bigotry of the media.
Mari Carmen Aponte will be cleaning out her desk and preparing to return to the United States by the end of the month because Senate Republicans - suspicious of her past ties to a suspected Cuban spy and angered by her support for gay issues - stopped her from continuing to serve as the U.S. ambassador to El Salvador.
Following the lead of rivals Ron Paul and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., GOP hopeful Mitt Romney said Tuesday he will not take part in billionaire Donald Trump's Dec. 27 debate.
The U.S. ambassador to El Salvador stirred up ghosts from her past when she wrote a newspaper article praising the president of the Central American nation for supporting the homosexual agenda.