- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Maria Sharapova Items
Maria Sharapova says she has pulled out of the Rogers Cup in Montreal because of a left foot injury.
Defending champion Serena Williams overcame Maria Sharapova 7-6 (9), 6-4 on Monday to reach the Wimbledon quarterfinals and avenge her loss to the Russian in the 2004 final.
INDIAN WELLS, Calif. (AP) — Novak Djokovic and Ana Ivanovic, 20-year-old Serbs who rapidly have established themselves among tennis' top players, won Pacific Life Open titles yesterday.
MELBOURNE, Australia — Maria Sharapova won the Australian Open without losing a set, wrapping up her third Grand Slam title with a 7-5, 6-3 victory over Ana Ivanovic today (last night EST).
WIMBLEDON, England — Venus Williams giggled as she clutched the championship trophy against her chest, threw back her head and whooped at the sky.
Adam Scott emerges from the scorer's hut at Oakmont with only a hint of annoyance on his classic Roman features. The 26-year-old Australian has just missed the cut at the 107th U.S. Open. But a casual bystander would never know it.