- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
Latest Marian Hossa Items
When Rocky Wirtz took over the Chicago Blackhawks six years ago, they were among the worst teams in the NHL.
The Chicago Blackhawks needed all their offensive weapons against the Bruins' smothering defense and goalie Tuukka Rask. Instead, they lost one of their best before the game.
Hossa's surprise scratch from Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals — and the one-word explanation, "upper," for the part of his body that was injured — is part of a long-running cat-and-mouse game NHL teams play on the theory that any information about injuries is a competitive disadvantage.
Marian Hossa is one of the Chicago Blackhawks' top scorers, with three game-winning goals already this postseason.
The Chicago Blackhawks have scratched forward Marian Hossa from Monday's nights Stanley Cup finals game against the Boston Bruins.
Rask posted his third shutout of the playoffs by turning aside 28 shots Monday night, moving the Bruins within two wins of their second NHL championship in three years.
Long after the celebration was over, Marian Hossa finally made it home and managed to fall asleep around 3 a.m. The Chicago star woke up a few hours later, roused by a noisy neighbor.
Chicago and Boston played three overtimes Wednesday night in the fifth-longest game in the history of the NHL's marquee series. It finally came to an end — at the stroke of midnight, no less — when Andrew Shaw deflected Dave Bolland's shot into the goal to give the Blackhawks the victory.