- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Marian Wright Edelman
Latest Marian Wright Edelman Items
The founder of the Children's Defense Fund and a noted civil rights advocate are being inducted into the South Carolina Hall of Fame.
Children's Defense Fund President Marian Wright Edelman is set ti deliver an annual social justice lecture at the Rhode Island School of Design.
The Washington National Cathedral, a symbol of unity among faithful Americans, was the site of a politically divisive event promoting gun control on Sunday.
On Sunday outside the Washington National Cathedral, blacksmiths will “forge firearms into garden tools" as a symbolic enactment of this year’s theme, “Swords into Plowshares.” It is illegal in the District of Columbia to possess a firearm that is not registered.
There already is swift, emotionally charged reaction to a National Rifle Association school-security report that recommends at least one armed guard in every school in the nation. Vilification is afoot.
The famous and the unsung took to Facebook and Twitter in hooded sweatshirts Thursday in solidarity with the family of a black teenager shot to death by a Hispanic neighborhood watch captain in Florida.