- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Marilyn Cohen
Obamacare is too conservative. The government needs to replace private insurance companies in a complete takeover of health care. That’s the system California’s union leaders are pressuring Democrats to create, now that they enjoy supermajorities in both chambers of the Legislature.
Marilyn Cohen, president of Envision Capital Management Inc., an investment management company based in Los Angeles, said taxes are the problem, not the solution to California's budget woes.