- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Marine Corps Marathon
marathon held in Arlington, VA and Washington, DC. - Source: Wikipedia
Former U.S. Army runner Steven Henry of Odenton, MD won the Marine Corps 17.75K event in 1:04:25. The event was held in Prince William County, Va., and had more than 1,700 runners take part.
Pols ranging from mayors to mascot presidents have run — though none was as fast as the future Justice Clarence Thomas, who ran in 3:11:00 in 1980, well before he traded his running shorts for a robe on the high court.
It starts with the huge 2 1/2 day Health & Fitness EXPO launching Thursday, then it proceeds with the Runners Club Kickoff Mixer, First Timers Pep Rally, Healthy Kids Run, Runner Symposium and Carbo Loading Dinner on Saturday.