- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Mario Mandžukić
Bayern Munich blitzed Wolfsburg with five goals in 17 minutes to come from a goal down and win 6-1 for a new Bundesliga record of 16 consecutive victories on Saturday.
Arjen Robben scored a hat trick as Bayern Munich routed Schalke 5-1 on Saturday to extend its Bundesliga lead to 20 points, a league record after 23 games.
Bayern Munich routed Hannover 4-0 away to increase its Bundesliga lead to 19 points and extend its league record unbeaten run to 47 games on Sunday.
Striker Mario Mandzukic scored a hat trick as holder Bayern Munich beat Hamburger SV 5-0 on Wednesday to reach the semifinals of the German Cup.
Bayern Munich overcame a difficult start to beat Nuremberg 2-0 in the Bavarian derby and restore its 13-point advantage in the Bundesliga on Saturday, while Borussia Dortmund routed Werder Bremen 5-1.
Chelsea took over the Premier League lead, beating Newcastle 3-0 on Saturday behind Eden Hazard's first hat trick in England.
Thiago Alcantara scored with an acrobatic scissor kick in injury time for Bayern Munich to beat Stuttgart 2-1 and extend its Bundesliga lead to 13 points on Wednesday.
Bayern Munich opened the defense of its Champions League title with a comfortable 3-0 win over CSKA Moscow on Tuesday, while Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat trick as Real Madrid thrashed Galatasaray 6-1.
Robben's 89th-minute goal lifted Munich to the title after losing out in the final two of the previous three years.
Lionel Messi's four-goal burst ensured that he and Barcelona returned to the top of the Associated Press Global Soccer rankings this week.
Defending champion Spain beat Ireland 4-0 in Group C at the European Championship on Thursday. Earlier, Italy drew 1-1 with Croatia.
Defending champion Spain plays Ireland in Gdansk, Poland, in their second Group C match at the European Championship. Earlier, Italy drew 1-1 with Croatia.
Italy draws 1-1 with Croatia in Poznan, Poland in their second Group C match at the European Championship. Next, defending champion Spain plays Ireland in Gdansk.
Mario Mandzukic scored two goals Sunday to help Croatia beat Ireland 3-1 at the European Championship in Poznan, Poland.
Pep Guardiola's side managed to turn the game around only after Thiago Alcantara and former Wolfsburg striker Mario Mandzukic came on early in the second half, as Bayern claimed its 22nd win from 24 games.