- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mario Mandžukić
Bayern Munich opened the defense of its Champions League title with a comfortable 3-0 win over CSKA Moscow on Tuesday, while Cristiano Ronaldo scored a hat trick as Real Madrid thrashed Galatasaray 6-1.
Robben's 89th-minute goal lifted Munich to the title after losing out in the final two of the previous three years.
Lionel Messi's four-goal burst ensured that he and Barcelona returned to the top of the Associated Press Global Soccer rankings this week.
Defending champion Spain beat Ireland 4-0 in Group C at the European Championship on Thursday. Earlier, Italy drew 1-1 with Croatia.
Italy draws 1-1 with Croatia in Poznan, Poland in their second Group C match at the European Championship. Next, defending champion Spain plays Ireland in Gdansk.
Defending champion Spain plays Ireland in Gdansk, Poland, in their second Group C match at the European Championship. Earlier, Italy drew 1-1 with Croatia.
Mario Mandzukic scored two goals Sunday to help Croatia beat Ireland 3-1 at the European Championship in Poznan, Poland.