- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Latest Mark Dayton Items
Gov. Mark Dayton is blaming Senate Republicans for failure to pass a tax bill that would provide relief to thousands of Minnesotans.
Gov. Mark Dayton kicked up a storm Tuesday in his return to the Minnesota Capitol, chastising fellow Democrats for not moving quicker on a tax-relief measure and suggesting that a controversial Senate office building proposal had improperly gotten in the way.
Leaders of the Minnesota Senate say they hope to pass a $434 million tax relief measure on Thursday, though it's not clear if differences with a House version will delay its path to Gov. Mark Dayton.
A Hennepin County judge has found that a former University of Minnesota women's golf coach was discriminated against because she's a lesbian.
With tax breaks on everything from child care expenses to college tuition hanging in limbo, Minnesota lawmakers appear increasingly unlikely to meet Gov. Mark Dayton's goal of enacting a substantial relief package this week.
Medical marijuana supporters say they're more optimistic after personally appealing to Gov. Mark Dayton on their legalization cause.
Medical marijuana supporters appealed personally to Gov. Mark Dayton on Thursday to give a nudge to a stalled proposal, getting the Democrat's assurance he would keep working toward a compromise on a measure he doesn't yet support.
Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says there's still time in the legislative session to negotiate an agreement on medical marijuana.
Democratic Gov. Mark Dayton's goal of enacting a bill cutting and repealing taxes by next Friday appears unlikely to be met.