- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Mark Hasse
A search of a North Texas lake did not find weapons or evidence linked to the killings of the Kaufman County district attorney, his wife and a chief deputy.
A dive team is searching a North Texas lake for weapons related to last year's slayings of the Kaufman County district attorney, his chief deputy and his wife, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press on Wednesday.
A judge has approved a motion to move the death penalty trial of a man accused of killing three people, including two prosecutors, to another North Texas county.
A Texas prison inmate who threatened prosecutors as they targeted alleged white supremacist gang members must serve nearly five years in a federal lockup.
The wife of a former justice of the peace in Texas has been arrested on accusations linked to the killings of the Kaufman County District Attorney, his wife and an assistant prosecutor, the Dallas Morning News reported this morning.
A former justice of the peace was arrested on Monday and charged with making a terrorist threat in the case of the killings of two Texas prosecutors.
The FBI and the Texas Rangers have taken the lead in the investigation of the shooting deaths of Kaufman County, Texas, District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, whose bodies were found Saturday night inside their rural Forney, Texas, home.
Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland took no chances after one of his assistant prosecutors was assassinated two months ago. Mr. McLelland said he carried a gun everywhere he went and took extra care when answering the door at his home.
Investigators are pouring through the files of an aggressive Texas prosecutor who was shot dead Thursday, seeking clues to the identity of the masked killer.
An assistant district attorney was shot and killed Thursday morning near the North Texas county courthouse where he worked, and authorities said they were searching for two suspects.
He said he had warned all his employees to be constantly on the alert.
"The people in my line of work are going to have to get better at it," he said of the danger, "because they're going to need it more in the future."