- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mark Recchi
The Boston Bruins turned to their past to celebrate their latest Stanley Cup victory, inviting Bobby Orr and other members of the 1972 champions to help raise the franchise's sixth banner to the TD Garden rafters.
Team overviews of all the teams in the NHL.
Go ahead and ban the word "repeat" from the Boston Bruins locker room. Coach Claude Julien would rather not hear it pass from his players' lips.
Patrice Bergeron knows opponents will get fired up to beat the Stanley Cup champions. That's what he did when he faced the team that won the title before his Boston Bruins.
The long-term contract the Boston Bruins gave Tim Thomas seemed like a big waste of money just a year ago. They even explored trading him.
While the Boston Bruins beelined across the ice to mob him at the buzzer, Tim Thomas tapped both goalposts, sank to his knees and rubbed the ice in front of his empty goal.
Nathan Horton got his chance to carry the Stanley Cup on the ice, a little more than a week after he was knocked out of the series with a severe concussion.
The Stanley Cup has never ridden so high.
The Bruins were facing elimination in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals, and Mark Recchi knew just how to keep his teammates focused.
Another blowout for the Bruins in Boston _ a 5-2 victory in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals that sends the series back to Vancouver for a decisive seventh game.
The Boston Bruins put Roberto Luongo and the Stanley Cup back on the shelf.
One game to go for the Boston Bruins in their quest for a Stanley Cup.
Maxim Lapierre scored to make it 5-2 in the final minutes, and the Bruins came right back with Brad Marchand's breakaway. He didn't score _ Cory Schneider made a nice save _ but he annoyed the Canucks enough to spark some pushing and shoving.
The NHL will hold a disciplinary hearing with Vancouver Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome on Tuesday to discuss the blindside hit that sent Bruins forward Nathan Horton to the hospital in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals.
Nathan Horton will miss the rest of the Stanley Cup finals with a severe concussion and Canucks defenseman Aaron Rome is finished too after the NHL suspended him for four games Tuesday for his blindside hit on the Bruins forward during Game 3.