- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Latest Mark Sanford Items
Fresh off his victory in the GOP's congressional runoff, former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford said Wednesday that the one thing that people know about Democrat nominee Elizabeth Colbert Busch — his top rival for the 1st District seat — is that she is the sister of a "well regarded" comedian.
Comedian Stephen Colbert plans to harness his star power to help raise money for his sister's congressional campaign in South Carolina.
"As Republican leaders openly scrutinize their party after a 2012 election that was disappointing for them, rank-and-file Republicans, independents and Democrats voice the same primary criticism of the GOP: it is 'too inflexible' or 'unwilling to compromise,'" says Gallup analyst Lydia Saad.
Mark Sanford asked South Carolina voters for their forgiveness, and — so far —enough said yes.
Narcotics dogs have one less job to do in the state of Washington. Now that marijuana has become legal within the borders, many law-enforcement agencies, including the Seattle Police Department and Washington State Patrol, will no longer train their drug-sniffing canines to alert handlers to marijuana.
Disgraced former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford's comeback bid takes a big step this week, when Palmetto State voters will decide if he deserves another shot in office.
Jim Graham is in a pickle jar and his colleagues on the D.C. Council are slated on Monday to screw the lid tighter.
Teddy Turner, the outspoken son of media mogul Ted Turner, said he was raised conservative — until Jane Fonda came along.
Mark Sanford is asking South Carolinians for their forgiveness -- and their votes. The disgraced former Republican governor, who quietly left office two years ago after a bizarre high-profile extramarital affair in 2009, is back on the ballot, running in a March 19 special-election primary to fill the House seat vacated by Tim Scott's December appointment to the Senate.