- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Mark Streit
The New York Islanders traded veteran defenseman Andrew MacDonald to the Metropolitan Division rival Philadelphia Flyers on Tuesday for a pair of draft picks and minor league center Matt Mangene.
Nicklas Backstrom thought he had a goal. So did more than 18,000 fans at Verizon Center.
Steve Mason and the Flyers are playing their best hockey of the season heading into the Olympic break.
The Philadelphia Flyers used a third-period onslaught to cap a successful trip through the treacherous California triangle.
Anze Kopitar knows Slovenia isn't likely to see the medal podium at its first Olympic hockey tournament. Jonas Hiller is only slightly more optimistic about Switzerland's chances.
It is no accident the New York Rangers are surging just as Henrik Lundqvist is finding his Vezina Trophy form.
The Capitals and Flyers played evenly until a penalty to Tom Wilson changed the game's momentum, and outcome.
A second period penalty to Tom Wilson opened the floodgates for the Fyers, who rolled to a 5-2 win.
Alex Ovechkin sent the game into overtime and Nicklas Backstrom was money in the shootout as the Caps rallied past the Flyers.
Alex Ovechkin scored with 58 seconds left and goalie Phillip Grubauer off for an extra attacker to cap a late three-goal rally and the Washington Capitals went on to beat the Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 in a shootout Sunday.
Jaromir Jagr is still available. So is goalie Tim Thomas, who continues exploring whether to make a comeback after taking a season off.
If the New York Islanders' play on the ice is as strong as their talk off it, maybe _ just maybe _ they will escape the cellar and make a long-awaited run at a playoff spot.
Mark Streit was all smiles as he pulled on his new Islanders' sweater with the 'C' freshly sewn on the chest.
Jack Capuano was rewarded Tuesday by the New York Islanders, who removed the interim tag from their head coach after he led a second-half improvement in an otherwise disappointing season.
It is easy to tie up the New York Islanders' latest disappointing season in a neat little package, but that would fail to tell the entire story.
"There's always been a lot of skill," said Streit, who's heading to his fourth Olympics for Switzerland. "But the mindset for the young players to come over here, play in the junior leagues, to go through the minors and to make it to the NHL, that just needed some time. Now we have a lot of players over here, and I think for the young players, it's their goal to make their way to the NHL, and that's a huge factor."