- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Mark Teahen Items
Previewing the American League.
Washington Nationals position players aren't required to report to spring training until Thursday. By then, Ryan Zimmerman will have been around for nearly a week, preparing for his seventh spring training with the club.
A team-by-team look at the American League entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
The Washington Nationals announced the minor league signing of Mark Teahen on Monday afternoon, adding the 30-year-old corner infielder and outfielder to the mix for a bench role.
The St. Louis Cardinals addressed a pitching shortage Wednesday that dates to spring training, acquiring right-hander Edwin Jackson in a three-team trade that cost them starting center fielder Colby Rasmus.
The St. Louis Cardinals, who have faced pitching questions all the way back to spring training, pulled of a three-team trade Wednesday to beef up their rotation with right-hander Edwin Jackson.
The Chicago White Sox put third baseman Mark Teahen on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday with a strained right oblique muscle and promoted infielder Dallas McPherson from Triple-A Charlotte.
Omar Vizquel donned a sweatshirt and stocking cap on a cool morning in Arizona and headed out early to Chicago's batting cage.