- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Mark Waid Items
There's a murderer at large in the Marvel Universe and it's not the killing that has heroes in an uproar.
Warner Bros. Animation turns the classic DC Comics' JLA story arc "Tower of Babel" into a PG-13 cartoon with mixed results.
The Man Without Fear has a voice for fans unable to see him.
Mark Waid, a comic-book industry veteran who served as editor-in-chief and then chief creative officer at Boom! Studios, is stepping down, but will continue writing its critically lauded titles "Irredeemable" and "Incorruptible."
The comic book permeates all levels of popular culture. This sporadic feature reviews some recent examples from the world of digital video discs (compatible with DVD-ROM-enabled computers and home entertainment centers) and also includes a recommended sequential-art reading list to extend the multimedia adventures.