- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
Markit Group Limited
Latest Markit Group Limited Items
Unemployment ticked up to 6.7 percent last month despite a better-than-expected increase of 175,000 jobs that defied a spate of severe winter weather. the Labor Department reported Friday.
The Federal Reserve maintained its easy money policies Wednesday, noting that federal budget cuts and the October shutdown continue to weigh on growth and as a result, the economy continues to need support.
U.S. businesses created nearly 200,000 new jobs for the third month in a row in June, helping to hold the unemployment rate steady at 7.6 percent, the Labor Department reported Friday morning.
The nation's unemployment rate ticked up to 7.6 percent from 7.5 percent last month as the federal government laid off another 14,000 workers and nearly a half million people surged into the market looking for work, the Labor Department reported Friday morning.
Stocks reversed an early rise on Wall Street Monday as traders returned to worrying about the European economy.
The nation's unemployment rate dropped to a four-year low of 7.7 percent last month as job growth accelerated to 236,000, the Labor Department reported Friday morning.
The nation's unemployment rate ticked up to 7.9 percent last month as job growth weakened, the Labor Department reported Friday morning.
In spite of years of harsh spending cuts and tax increases, Europe's debt problems are getting worse.
Consumer confidence perked up this month while home prices posted their third straight month of gains in the latest signs that the economy continues to slowly but steadily improve.