- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Markus Batchelor
It's easy to get the impression that D.C. kids are a bunch of hopeless misfits. Then along come exceptional teens who paint a brighter picture.
"GW was always on my list," said Markus of Thurgood Marshall, who wants to major in political science and become D.C. mayor.
"We've been prepared for the academic rigors, but we'll have much more responsibility away from home and a rigorous curriculum," said Markus, who has a 3.23 GPA. "The new challenge will be getting adjusted as a freshman and balancing all that."