- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Mars One
Mars One is a non-profit organization that plans to establish a permanent human colony on Mars by 2023. The private spaceflight project is led by Dutch entrepreneur Bas Lansdorp, who announced official plans for the Mars One mission in May 2012. - Source: Wikipedia
Dee Sanders is only a second-generation American who finds a kindred spirit in the grandmother who left everything she knew in her native Norway behind to take some steps into the new world. Now she's set to maybe become one of the first to colonize a brand new world if a group set on sending humans to Mars by 2024 has its way.
BRIDGETON, Mo. (AP) — Human settlement on Mars may still be a long way away, but two St. Louis-area residents are on the short list to be among the first settlers of the Red Planet.