- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Ukraine’s Crimea seeks to become independent state
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
Topic - Mars One
Mars One is a non-profit organization that plans to establish a permanent human colony on Mars by 2023. The private spaceflight project is led by Dutch entrepreneur Bas Lansdorp, who announced official plans for the Mars One mission in May 2012. - Source: Wikipedia
BRIDGETON, Mo. (AP) — Human settlement on Mars may still be a long way away, but two St. Louis-area residents are on the short list to be among the first settlers of the Red Planet.
Finger waggling and earnest talk: It's time for Republican soul-searching and a GOP gut check, say observers who found little nobility in the extended effort by some conservative Republican lawmakers to defund the Affordable Care Act at all costs. There's a price to pay, warns Grover Norquist, founder of Americans for Tax Reform, and it starts in 2014.