- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
By Richard Rahn
Treaty would let tyrants peer into Americans' financial information
Topic - Marshall Mcluhan
And "the global village" doesn't just capture the way people can connect with each other with speed and ease, but can push people to a "heightened sense of awareness of responsibility to an intense degree,” McLuhan wrote in his 1964 book, "Understanding the Media: The Extensions of Man."
As the Canadian philosopher Marshall McLuhan famously wrote in "Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man," "The medium is the message."