- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Latest Martha Washington Items
Martin Luther King Jr. Day is all the more poignant this year because it also is the second inaugural for America's first black president. To mark the occasion, the Kennedy Center will host a free concert Sunday featuring legendary singer and songwriter Smokey Robinson.
On Friday evening, Tudor Place will host a haunted historical affair, complete with tours of the gardens every half-hour, ghostly tales about the previous residents, and cocktails in the buildings scattered across the grounds.
If three days of Buddhist immersion doesn't completely clarify your worldview, fear not. In his sci-fi epic "The Forever War," Joe Haldeman writes, "All reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism."
he historic Georgetown mansion at Tudor Place looks like a skinned cat these days.