- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
Latest Martin Erat Items
Sidney Crosby had a hand in both early goals as Pittsburgh converted on two of its first three shots Monday night, Chris Kunitz scored twice, and the Penguins beat Alex Ovechkin's struggling Washington Capitals 3-2.
The Phoenix Coyotes went extra time to get a much needed victory.
Ovechkin lays the boom on Erat early in the First Period.
Capitals forward Martin Erat, unhappy with his ice time, asked for a trade months ago. Less than 24 hours before the NHL's trade deadline, he finally got his wish.
A left wing with 13 goals and 19 assists this season under former Washington coach Bruce Boudreau, Penner has spent six of his nine NHL seasons playing in the Los Angeles area with the Ducks or Kings and helped both franchises win a Stanley Cup.
In danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since 2007, the Washington Capitals added forward Dustin Penner in a deal with the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday, while also trading disgruntled forward Martin Erat to the Phoenix Coyotes.
The Phoenix Coyotes have had Martin Erat in their sights for a few years. Because he played for the Nashville Predators, a team they were always competing with, the Coyotes were never able to pull off a deal to bring him to the desert.
It was another rough blow in what has been a difficult season for Capitals forward Martin Erat. But a quarterfinal loss by the Czech Republic to the United State in Sochi was quickly erased by happier news from home: The birth of his daughter.
Watch live as Martin Erat and the Czech Republic battle Slovakia to see who qualifies to take on the United States.