- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Latest Martin Gayford Items
When Queen Elizabeth II recently named David Hockney to Britain's prestigious Order of Merit, it was a truly royal accolade but was only the cherry on a magnificent cake that, although well into his 70s, he is continuing to ice vigorously.
Do not be put off by the rather ponderous title of this book or by the author's distinguished resume as curator and critic. Martin Gayford is chief art critic for Bloomberg news and also has held that position at Britain's Spectator magazine and Sunday Telegraph newspaper.