- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - martin kaymer
Dustin Johnson is starting to compile the kind of numbers that are difficult to ignore.
Tiger Woods always has been measured against Jack Nicklaus and his 18 majors, and most recently Sam Snead and his 82 PGA Tour victories.
Woods should be a lock for player of the year, provided he is measured against the other four names on the ballot instead of the previous seasons when he won the award.
Rory McIlroy already was 5 over for his round and appeared headed to another short week in a major. He finished with four birdies on the last eight holes, including a 40-foot putt from off the green, and achieved a first in his PGA Tour career.
Matt Kuchar knows how it feels to make clutch birdies at Oak Hill.
Tiger Woods, looking to break his drought of 17 majors without a title, will tee off in the 8:35 a.m. group Thursday, playing alongside Davis Love III and Keegan Bradley.
Ten things to know about the PGA Championship, to be played Aug. 8-11 at Oak Hill Country Club:
A capsule look at 20 players expected to contend in the PGA Championship Aug. 8-11 at Oak Hill Country Club (players listed in predicted order of finish):
Tiger Woods plans to return to action at this week's British Open at Muirfield, and he'll be playing alongside Graeme McDowell and Louis Oosthuizen for the first two rounds.
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
The marquee group of Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott is set to go off Thursday at 1:14 p.m. and Friday at 7:44 a.m.
Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott, the top three players in the world rankings, will play together in the first two rounds of the U.S. Open at Merion.
Rules officials from golf organizations around the world work at the Masters, most of them assigned various parts of the golf course. But it remains the only major championship that doesn't have a rules official walk with every group.
Sunday's final round of the 2013 Masters Tournament will see co-leaders Angel Cabrera and Brandt Snedeker go off at 2:40 p.m.
Martin Kaymer of Germany acknowledges the crowd after finishing the third round of the HSBC Champions golf tournament at the Sheshan International Golf Club in Shanghai, China, Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013.
Getting to the top of the ranking came sooner than he expected, and Kaymer said he felt his game was still a work in progress.