- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Martin Kent
Virginia. Gov. Bob McDonnell, citing the looming "fiscal cliff" of tax hikes and spending cuts set to kick in at the start of next year, a sluggish economy and other budget pressures, is ordering state agency heads to outline potential cuts of 4 percent to their departments.
Mr. Kent wrote that agencies should focus on the lowest priorities, rather than personnel, and on recurring savings instead of one-time cuts.
Higher education institutions were not included for the purposes of the memo but will be addressed separately, he wrote.