- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Martin Kližan
Second-seeded David Ferrer overcame a tough first set to advance to the Rio Open quarterfinals with a 7-6 (2), 6-1 win over Argentina's Federico Delbonis on Wednesday.
Donald Young, who beat Andy Murray at Indian Wells in 2011 in what he termed "the biggest win of my career," will get another shot at the two-time Grand Slam champion Friday in a first-round Davis Cup match between the United States and Great Britain.
Some players methodically prepare before their first match of a Grand Slam tournament, spending hours scouting their opponents, practicing and stretching, pumping themselves up.
The injuries mounted at the Australian Open on Tuesday, although for the most part, players coped with the oppressive heat.
The injuries are mounting at the Australian Open, though for the most part, players are coping with the oppressive heat.
Isner retired from his match against Slovakia's Martin Klizan with a lingering ankle injury that he said got progressively worse at the Hopman Cup event in Perth and a tournament he won in Auckland, New Zealand, over the past two weeks.
John Isner's stay in Australia has been cut short by injury for the second year in a row.
Defending champion Andy Murray could face top-seeded Novak Djokovic only in the U.S. Open semifinals, while Nadal and Federer — who have never played each other at Flushing Meadows — might meet in the quarterfinals.
Entering the tournament, seven-time champion Nadal had lost only 14 sets in 53 matches at the French Open. Now he has lost the opening set in each of the first two rounds.
Mattek-Sands won seven consecutive games to take a 5-0 lead in the final set after the second rain delay of the match. She served out the victory with the sun shining and rain falling, and became the fourth U.S. woman to reach the third round.
This U.S. Open finally got its first shocker.
And we went and played," he said to laughter in his first appearance in the main interview room at Melbourne Park.
"I thought I had a good shot at playing this match and winning this match and I pulled out," he said. "I could have done the same last year, but I went home."