- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial
Latest Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial Items
In a story Aug. 22 about a New York art exhibition at a statue of Christopher Columbus, The Associated Press attributed to the wrong person comments asserting that various Italian-American groups "didn't look very carefully at the fine print, which is it makes a mockery of `The Admiral of the Ocean Sea.' If the artist had attempted to stage a living room set around the Lincoln Memorial or the Martin Luther King memorial ... sensitivities would have been aroused. It's buffoonery masquerading as art." The comments should have been attributed to Rosario Iaconis, chairman of the Italic Institute of America, instead of John Mancini, the group's executive director.