- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Martín Prado
Sonny Gray is headed to the Oakland Athletics' rotation this year.
Paul Goldschmidt scored three runs, Martin Prado got three hits and the Arizona Diamondbacks defeated the San Diego Padres 8-6 on Tuesday.
Garrett Richards threw three shutout innings, leading the Los Angeles Angels to a 3-2 win over an Arizona Diamondbacks split-squad on Monday.
Jeff Samardzija pitched two shutout innings before an overflow crowd in the Chicago Cubs' opener at their new stadium, a 5-2 loss to an Arizona Diamondbacks split-squad on Thursday.
Clayton Kershaw was rocked for three runs on five hits in two innings and the Arizona Diamondbacks went on to beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 4-1 Wednesday in the teams' spring training opener.
Five things to know about the Arizona Diamondbacks as they start spring training camp:
The Arizona Diamondbacks added Mark Trumbo to their lineup, pairing him with fellow slugger Paul Goldschmidt. Will they carry them over the top?
"He's playing unbelievable," said Washington shortstop Ian Desmond. "This is the Jayson I remember playing against in Philadelphia."
Zack Hample leads the majors in hogging home run balls.
Arizona Diamondbacks second baseman Aaron Hill is expected to miss from four to six weeks because of a broken left hand.
Until proven otherwise, Washington is the team to beat in the National League East. The Braves -- or any other divisional contender -- will have to answer their own questions before they can challenge the Nationals for that crown.
Prado made the All-Star team as the Braves' second baseman in 2010 but is slated to play at third base for the Diamondbacks.
Arizona has traded outfielder Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves in a seven-player deal that sends former All-Star infielder Martin Prado to the Diamondbacks, a person familiar with the situation said Thursday.
The Braves also get third baseman Chris Johnson. Atlanta is giving up four minor leaguers in the deal, including top pitching prospect Randall Delgado. The other minor leagues headed to Arizona are right-hander Zeke Spruill, shortstop Nick Ahmed and first baseman Brandon Drury. Prado can become a free agent after this season.
Justin Upton is having a family reunion in Atlanta.
"I really just go by instinct. I don't position differently for different hitters," he said.
"I've given away more baseballs than I can count," he said.