- Defendant in Lee Rigby machete murder trial: ‘I love al Qaeda’
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, ‘cherry-picked’ intelligence: report
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a ‘wealthy white men’ racist word
- Democrat thwarts Nevada activist’s try to name peak after Reagan
- Congress ready to extend ban on plastic firearms
- Rogue reindeer runs from Santa, eludes police for hours
- Iran touts new laser that bolsters missile accuracy
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Deadly N.Y. train derailment leads to Senate call for cameras at tracks
- WWII vet, 90, en route to Pearl Harbor event booted from flight
Latest Martín Prado Items
Braves left fielder Martin Prado is still recovering from surgeries to treat a staph infection and doesn't know when he can resume baseball activities.
Atlanta left fielder Martin Prado has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a staph infection in his right calf.
Luis Salazar has been through a lot of opening days in his 38 years of professional baseball and knew his 38th on Friday night was going to be very different.
Over the course of the next 159 games, the Nationals may well prove that the defensive team that showed up to play their first two games of the 2011 season is the one they'll be this year.
Tim Hudson pitched seven solid innings in another strong start against Washington and Brian McCann had four RBIs in the Atlanta Braves' 11-2 victory over the Nationals on Sunday.
A list of firsts from the 2011 major league season on Thursday:
Capsules of National League teams, listed in order of finish last year:
San Francisco rallied for a 3-2 victory over the Atlanta Braves on Brooks Conrad's third error of the game to claim the lead in the NL division series Sunday.
Nothing has come easy for the Braves, whose 25 final-at-bat victories are the most in baseball. So perhaps it was fitting the Braves were pushed to the last day of the season before claiming a postseason berth.