- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
Topic - Martin Sr.
The Winter of Winston continues for Florida State's redshirt freshman quarterback.
Jameis Winston is The Associated Press national player of the year, adding to his cadre of postseason accolades. He's this year's Heisman Trophy winner, the Walter Camp national player of the year, the Davey O'Brien quarterback of the year and the Atlantic Coast Conference player of the year.
"Jimbo Fisher deserves the credit for giving the young man the opportunity to display his talents in another sport," Martin Sr. said.
"I never want him to devote full time to baseball because then I would miss out on his talent in football," Martin Sr. said. "He's just one of those rare athletes that only come around once in a blue moon."