- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Martinique
. Like Guadeloupe, it is an overseas region of France, consisting of a single overseas department. To the northwest lies Dominica, to the south St Lucia, and to the southeast Barbados. As with the other overseas departments, Martinique is one of the twenty-six regions of France (being an overseas region) and an integral part of the Republic. The Island was discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1502. - Source: Wikipedia
A mosquito-borne virus appears to be spreading quickly in the Caribbean during the winter tourism season just weeks after epidemiologists first found local transmission occurring in the French dependency of St. Martin.
French singer Johnny Hallyday is out of a Caribbean hospital and on his way to Los Angeles.
Johnny Hallyday, the French entertainer famed for his Elvis-like style and gravelly voice, was briefly hospitalized with a severe case of bronchitis, his producer said.
Tropical Storm Isaac took aim at the Dominican Republic and Haiti on Thursday, and it was expected to gain strength after drenching tiny islands in its whirl over the eastern entrance to the Caribbean. There was a chance it could dump rain on next week's Republican convention in Florida.
Storm warnings were being issued Tuesday across a swath of eastern Caribbean islands after a tropical depression formed in the Atlantic Ocean.
Wyclef Jean, Cyndi Lauper, John Mellencamp, Lauryn Hill and Fantasia will make first-time appearances at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival, joining a lineup of familiar acts for the 43rd annual tradition that opens Friday at a race track in this Mississippi River city.
The latest book by Milan Kundera is a set of mini-essays about other artists. The three earlier critical works by Mr. Kundera were "The Curtain," "The Art of the Novel" and "Testaments Betrayed."
CASTRIES, St. Lucia (AP) — Hurricane Dean roared into the eastern Caribbean yesterday, tearing away roofs, flooding streets and causing at least three deaths on small islands as the powerful storm headed on a collision course with Jamaica and Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula.
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — Islands in the eastern Caribbean braced for Hurricane Dean, the first hurricane of the Atlantic season, as it approached today with 80 mph winds. Hotels in Dominica and Martinique prepared to evacuate tourists from seaside rooms.