- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Marvin Gaye
Darlene Love made sure not to fade into the background when a film about backup singers won an Oscar Sunday night.
Grenada County has been honored for its local blues' influential force on popular music with a marker on the Mississippi Blues Trail.
A Motown memorabilia collector from Detroit made the discovery of a lifetime when Marvin Gaye's 1964 passport came tumbling out of an old album he bought for 50 cents at an estate sale.
Anna Gordy Gaye, who was married to musical great Marvin Gaye and whose brother founded Motown Records, has died, her family said. She was 92.
Gregory Porter's music doesn't fit neatly into any one category, but that hasn't stopped the soul-jazz singer from picking up Grammy nominations for his first three albums.
Kendrick Lamar vs. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Marvin Gaye's children have settled claims against a music company owned by Sony over Robin Thicke's Grammy-nominated hit song "Blurred Lines."
In the summer of 1964, 22-year-old Martha Reeves took a bus from her home in Detroit's Eastside neighborhood, where she lived with her parents and 10 siblings, to a little house on Westside's Grand Boulevard with the big sign proclaiming "Hitsville, U.S.A."
It's not quite a "Law & Order" reunion, but S. Epatha Merkerson will be teaming up again with former co-star Jesse L. Martin.
Although many members of Marvin Gaye's family have a vested interest in coming to the District next month, their reasons are clearly varied.
Jose James, "No Beginning No End" (Blue Note)
France's Socialist government is introducing a 75-percent income tax on those earning over (EURO)1 million ($1.3 million), forcing some of the country's rich and famous to set up residency in less fiscally-demanding countries.
France's Socialist government is introducing a 75-percent income tax on those earning over (EURO)1 million ($1.3 million), leading some of the country's rich and famous to set up residency in less fiscally demanding countries.
Lenny Kravitz has signed on for his first leading film role, playing singer Marvin Gaye in a biopic that will be shot next year.
"This is dated 1964, which is great, and it is after he added the 'E' to the end of his name, because when he was signed as a solo artist with Motown, he decided to add that 'E,' and there's a lot of different theories: People say it's because he wanted to separate himself from his father or because he actually liked Sam Cooke so much, who had an 'E' at the end of his name, that he wanted to imitate
He also says he plans to donate some proceeds from his forthcoming album to a kidney research organization.