- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Maryland Department Of Planning
Latest Maryland Department Of Planning Items
A proposed statewide planning initiative that has angered officials in Maryland's rural counties finally went before a Senate committee Monday, where lawmakers showed support but also raised additional concerns.
Maryland Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr. is asking the O'Malley administration to delay implementing its statewide initiative on land development until the start of the 2012 General Assembly so his chamber can review the plan.
Rural lawmakers and county officials are railing against a statewide-planning initiative by the O'Malley administration, saying the plan over-regulates and kills jobs in their communities.
Maryland residents will have an additional 60 days to review and make comments on PlanMaryland, the first statewide development plan aimed at reducing sprawl, Gov. Martin O'Malley announced Thursday in response to wary local officials who sought more time to study the plan.