- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
Maryland House Service Area
Latest Maryland House Service Area Items
Maryland gay-marriage debate begins in undecided House; Johnson wants installment plan for his $100K fine; Huguely defense: Love died of suffocation; D.C. police to restore online crime map; Thomas whistle-blower among those vying for his Ward 5 seat; Funeral services today for Alexandria paramedic; Sentencing today for Ehrlich campaign manager.
The Republican Caucus for the Maryland House on Tuesday unanimously re-elected Minority Leader Anthony O'Donnell and Minority Whip Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio.
What do you get when you mix an incumbent D.C. Council member, the 26-year-old son of a former city lawmaker and an anti-gang activist who suddenly switches to the party of Ronald Reagan?
Md. redistricting map reaches House; O'Malley administration uses special session to push jobs, gas-tax increase; Va. considers cutting local road maintenance payments; Va. appeals court upholds Blood member's 'Crips-related' defense; Police find body of missing 11-year-old in Clarksburg; D.C. ends arrests for expired tags; Davis wins Leslie Johnson's seat in Prince George's; Five D.C. homicides in four days; Caps are 5-0, franchise record.
The Maryland House on Thursday night approved its version of the state budget, advancing the $34.2 billion spending plan for Senate consideration.