- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Tea partyers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
Maryland Marriage Alliance
Latest Maryland Marriage Alliance Items
The group leading a petition effort against Maryland's same-sex marriage law says it has more than twice the number of signatures needed to send the law to referendum one month before the state-mandated deadline.
Organizers of a petition against Maryland's same-sex-marriage law are expected to submit their first batch of signatures to the state Board of Elections on Tuesday.
The nation's changing views on same-sex marriage and new support from black leaders could put Maryland on track toward becoming the first state to cast a public vote in favor of gay marriage, according to a poll released Thursday.
When Marylanders go to the polls in November, the most interesting races might not involve political candidates.
Opponents of Maryland's same-sex marriage law said Wednesday they have collected more than half the signatures necessary to force a November referendum.
Maryland became the eighth state to legalize gay marriage on Thursday, as opponents were already several days into an effort to rally voters to reverse the change this fall. The push will rely heavily on members of black churches.
Gov. Martin O'Malley will sign his state's same-sex marriage bill into law on Thursday, but an effort to repeal the legislation and send it to a November referendum is under way.