- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Maryland Route 355
Maryland Route 355 is a north–south road in western central Maryland in the United States. The southern terminus of the route is at the Washington, D.C. border in Friendship Heights, Montgomery County, where it continues south as Wisconsin Avenue into Washington. The northern terminus is at an interchange with Interstate 70 and U.S. Route 40 in the city of Frederick in Frederick County. MD 355 serves as a major thoroughfare through Frederick and Montgomery counties, passing through Bethesda, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Urbana, and Frederick, roughly parallel to Interstate 270. The southern portion of the route from the D.C. border to Germantown is a suburban four- to six-lane divided highway lined with many businesses. North of Germantown, the route is predominantly a two lane rural road until it reaches Frederick, where it passes through commercial areas in the southern part of the city. - Source: Wikipedia
The former middleweight champion of the world is in training, even at the age of 43, even though he officially retired from the ring more than two years ago.
Montgomery County Police have identified the 20-year-old man and 18-year-old woman who died early Sunday when a sport utility vehicle they were riding in struck a tree on Jones Bridge Road in Bethesda.
Montgomery County police on Thursday identified the victim in a fatal crash in Bethesda that involved a Metrobus and four other vehicles.
A multiple-vehicle crash Wednesday night in Bethesda involving a Metro bus killed one person and snarled traffic along Rockville Pike through the evening rush hours, officials said.
A College Park man accused of fatally striking the operator of a motor scooter with his car has been released on bond, Montgomery County police said Friday.
A Gaithersburg man was killed early Thursday morning when hit on his motor scooter in Rockville, according to the Montgomery County Police Department.
Convenient transportation options, an upscale mall and a state-of-the-art performing arts center all are within a 10-minute drive of a contemporary home on the market in Rockville, Md.