- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Maryland Transit Administration
Latest Maryland Transit Administration Items
As a French rail company seeks to work on Maryland transit projects, some lawmakers want to force the company to pay reparations to Holocaust victims who were taken on its trains to Nazi concentration camps - but a state official says the effort could jeopardize federal funds for a key state rail line.
Federal officials have given Maryland the green light to continue planning for its proposed Purple Line light-rail route, though looming federal budget cuts could still slow or derail the $1.9 billion project.
The Maryland Transit Administration has canceled service on two MARC commuter trains and Virginia Railway Express trains are running on a modified schedule following heavy snowfall in the Mid-Atlantic region.