- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Maryland Transportation Authority
The Maryland Transportation Authority (MdTA) is an independent state agency responsible for financing, constructing, operating, and maintaining seven toll facilities (currently consisting of a turnpike, two tunnels, and four bridges) and some non-tolled roadways in Maryland. As a purely enterprise agency, all of the Authority's capital projects are funded through the tolls paid by those motorists who utilize the agency's facilities. - Source: Wikipedia
The Maryland Transportation Authority has begun replacing toll booths on the Fort McHenry tunnel on Interstate 95. Lanes will be closed through March during the work.
The Maryland Transportation Authority is warning of high winds and possible white-outs on the Bay Bridge between Annapolis and Stevensville.
Economic concerns have caused Maryland officials to cancel the popular Chesapeake Bay Bridge Walk for the seventh straight year.
The Bay Bridge in Maryland has reopened after being closed for about 18 hours because of superstorm Sandy.
While many states' lawmakers enact policy unfriendly to unions, Maryland legislators expanded collective bargaining rights to more state employees for the third year in a row.
The Maryland Transportation Authority is warning motorists to anticipate delays in Baltimore this week as an international maritime festival gets under way.
Maryland's Intercounty Connector has been more of an intracounty connector since it opened in February, spanning just 7 miles within Montgomery County.
Most motorists will have to pay 60 percent more to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge starting Tuesday, when Maryland officials implement toll increases on most of the state's pay roads.
Maryland legislators were warned Wednesday that upcoming Capitol Hill budget negotiations could result in less federal transportation money, which would force them to offset the losses through state-level cuts, layoffs or tax increases.
Maryland's trucking industry is urging state officials to stop plans to increase tolls, which they say will damage an industry already hurt by increasing gas prices and the recent recession.
Maryland transportation officials are considering toll increases on motorists to raise millions for road maintenance.