- Colorado rakes in $2 million from January’s marijuana sales
- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
Latest Marylanders Items
Maryland's gun laws are the fourth most stringent in the country, according to a national gun control advocacy group, the result of new legislation requiring a handgun license and fingerprinting that supporters said will help keep firearms out of the wrong hands.
Leaders on both sides of the Maryland fight over same-sex marriage are urging Gallaudet University to reinstate an employee who was suspended because she signed a petition in favor of traditional marriage.
Gay rights activists, religious leaders and politicians are gearing up for two months of campaigning on the Maryland referendum to strike down same-sex marriage legislation that passed in March.
Opponents of the new Maryland congressional map met their petition deadline Saturday night, turning in what they believe to be enough names to force a November referendum.
A petition drive seeking a referendum on Maryland's congressional map faces its final deadline this weekend, and organizers said Thursday they are still scrambling to gather the necessary signatures.
Same-sex-marriage advocates are unlikely to challenge a petition forcing the issue to referendum and are gearing up for a campaign battle stretching to Election Day.
One of the rituals of summer is the arrival of big-budget blockbuster films to your local neighborhood multiplex. Sequels are a huge source of revenue for Hollywood. Unfortunately, they are a big moneymaker for Maryland's ruling political establishment in Annapolis as well.