- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Masters Tournament Items
While new world champion Magnus Carlsen of Norway was taking a Silicon Valley victory lap, GM Levon Aronian of Armenia was winning the first major tournament of 2014 and in the process making a strong statement that he might be Carlsen's most dangerous challenger in the candidates' cycle ahead.
The cover of my paperback copy of R.N. Coles' "Epic Battles of the Chessboard" has come off and the contents are showing their age as well: The latest game, Matanovich-Rossolimo, dates back to 1951 and the chess moves are in the old English descriptive notation.
There's been a steady rain since the leaders teed off at the Masters.
There are some great nicknames on display at the Masters.
While Olympic ski champion Lindsey Vonn is cheering on Tiger Woods again at the Masters, her ex has been on Twitter delivering a shot at the new couple.
Angel Cabrera is halfway to his second green jacket.