- Spain, Morocco break up jihadist recruitment cell, arrest 7
- Muslim insurgents shoot then set on fire Buddhist teacher in Thailand
- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
Latest Masters Tournament Items
Leishman, off in the ninth group of the day, held the lead at 6-under-par 66 until Garcia, in the sixth-to-last group, matched him.
Three strong drives into the early morning mist from three golf legends signaled the beginning of the 77th Masters Tournament on Thursday.
Woods opened his round with five consecutive pars before making birdie at No. 6. He followed two holes later with another birdie at the par-5 eighth.
The defending Masters Tournament champion caused a roar to echo through the pines when he aced No. 16, the 170-yard par-3. Once Watson left the tee box, he dished out several high-fives.
At his annual press conference Wednesday, Payne said the top 12 finishers and ties from this year's Masters will be exempt into the 2014 event. In previous years, the tournament took the top 16 and ties.