- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Mat Latos
Reds right fielder Jay Bruce had surgery Monday to repair torn cartilage in his left knee and will be sidelined for about a month.
Cincinnati scratched pitcher Mat Latos from an injury rehabilitation start due to right elbow irritation and placed reliever Trevor Bell on the 15-day disabled list with an aching right elbow.
San Diego Padres pitcher Mat Latos won't make his next scheduled start Saturday because of a sore right shoulder.
San Diego Padres pitcher Mat Latos has a sore right shoulder, costing him a chance to start on opening day.
San Diego Padres pitcher Mat Latos took a little jab at San Francisco, all in the name of charity.
Latos said Friday his shoulder had improved significantly in the past 24 hours, but he won't take his next spring training turn Saturday.
"For me to not feel a pinch or anything and one day my arm is dead is weird," he said. "Bewildering."