- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Topic - Mathieu Garon
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed goalie Mathieu Garon and right wing Michel Ouellet.
Six weeks after it appeared their playoff hopes were dead in the water, the Columbus Blue Jackets are suddenly one of the hottest teams on ice.
"It is hard to figure. Yesterday, I was watching Anaheim and L.A. and you don't know who you want to win that game," he said with a grin. "At the same time, we can only control our points and that's what we're doing right now."
"More fans are coming up to us," backup goalie Mathieu Garon said. "The comments are that they're really proud of what we're doing, the way we're working right now. So, it's good. We feel there's a little buzz around town and even here in the dressing room. It's the best time of the year."