- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Mats Sundin
Caps center Nicklas Backstrom is representing his home country of Sweden in Sochi and hopes to follow in the footsteps of Sweden's greatest.
There is something missing from Joe Sakic's new plaque at the Hockey Hall of Fame _ and it's not because the printer made a mistake.
Brian Burke walked the red carpet at Monday night's Hockey Hall of Fame induction ceremony and was determined not to go there. After doing an interview about former Toronto Maple Leafs center Mats Sundin, the general manager declined to talk about what everyone had no choice but to talk about: the NHL lockout.
Given five minutes to sum up 19 years in the NHL and many more playing hockey, Adam Oates knew it would be "impossible" to thank everyone.
As Adam Oates received his Hockey Hall of Fame blazer Sunday afternoon, one fan at Air Canada Centre yelled out: "Finally."
Just after noon Tuesday, the first report came out that Adam Oates got the nod as coach of the Washington Capitals. Receiving the call about getting your first NHL head job is unreal in itself.
Once again, a Washington Capitals leadership baton is passed from Dale Hunter to Adam Oates.
Joe Sakic was four years old when his father took him to his first hockey game.
Growing up in Sweden, in the 1970s and 1980s, Nicklas Lidstrom watched as the likes of Borje Salming, Hakan Loob and Mats Naslund became stars in the NHL. He knew of the top hockey league in the world by following those Swedish pioneers.
Sven Tumba, the three-sport star who was honored as the best hockey player in Sweden and later became a golf pioneer in his country and the former Soviet Union, has died. He was 80.
Sidney Crosby's streak of 25 games with at least a point — tied for the 11th longest in NHL history — was snapped by the New York Islanders and goalie Rick DiPietro, who stopped the Pittsburgh captain and the rest of the Penguins' high-powered offense in a 2-1 shootout victory Wednesday night.
Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins used their first game this season against the Washington Capitals to set some high expectations for the Winter Classic.