- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Latest Matt Cain Items
Yusmeiro Petit had all of an hour to prepare for his spot start, and he hadn't thrown off a mound for seven days while only playing catch. There was no time to study San Diego's hitters, either.
Just as Eric Stults figured, the San Francisco Giants came out aggressive from the first pitch.
Giants pitcher Matt Cain was scratched from his scheduled start Tuesday night against San Diego after cutting the tip of his right index finger once at the ballpark.
The San Francisco Giants have played eight straight games decided by one run, losing four of them.
Years later and some 500 miles to the south, Tyson Ross still considers the San Francisco Giants to be rivals.
Tommy Kahnle has been trying to tell anyone who will listen how good Colorado's bullpen is, even if the numbers suggest otherwise.
A momentary lack of focus turned out to be just enough to wipe out Matt Cain's best outing of the year and keep the former Giants ace winless in three starts.
Matt Kemp apparently has regained the home run stoke that made him runner-up in the MVP race three seasons ago. Now it's just a matter of staying healthy and retaining his everyday job in center field for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Matt Cain gave up a career-worst 23 home runs last season. And in his second start of 2014, he had similar problems keeping the ball in the park against the Los Angeles Dodgers.