- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
- Iraq mulls law to let men marry 8-year-old girls
- Russia sends bombers on 24-hour Arctic patrol
- Sam Adams beer brewer nixes St. Patrick’s parade that won’t allow gays
- Houston dad kills boy, 17, in daughter’s room in mistaken ID tragedy
- Rep. David Jolly ready to work with Democrats on compromise
- Joe Biden: I can’t be president — my golf would suffer
- German authorities grab suspected hardline Islamist
- Rare lesbian HIV transmission case turns up in Texas
Latest Matt Cassel Items
The problem is that this isn't last year, no matter how many times the tired comparison is mentioned in the locker room. That's why the Robert Griffin III tried, without much success, to explain how the Redskins lost to a team that had just one win, played without six starters and feature a quarterback rotation that seems to be drawn out of a horned Vikings hat each week.
The first half was the easy part, though nothing comes that easy for the only undefeated team in the NFL.
Christian Ponder will start at quarterback for Minnesota against Green Bay on Sunday night, while Josh Freeman will be inactive after being cleared to practice.
The quarterback carousel hasn't stopped turning for the Vikings and it seems to spin more wildly out of control each week.
Your turn, Josh Freeman.
Peterson finished with 62 yards on 10 carries and 21 yards on three receptions, but the Vikings (1-4) trailed the whole game. The NFL MVP learned on Friday a 2-year-old son of his died in South Dakota of injuries from alleged abuse.
Matt Cassel will start at quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings against Carolina on Sunday, a seemingly inevitable decision finally confirmed by coach Leslie Frazier.
Josh Freeman is out of the messy situation in Tampa Bay and happy to land in Minnesota, where Adrian Peterson and the Vikings offense eagerly await.
Josh Freeman has a new team, Minnesota has a new young quarterback and Tampa Bay has moved on.