- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Latest Matt Cooke Items
Sidney Crosby acknowledged he recently had a setback and experienced symptoms during his recovery from a concussion, but the Pittsburgh Penguins star said he isn't worried that he won't be ready for the start of next season.
Penguins forward Matt Cooke apologized for an illegal hit that earned him the stiffest suspension of his NHL career, saying he needs to "change" the way he plays.
Matt Cooke got exactly the kind of harsh punishment Mario Lemieux challenged the NHL to hand out.
Penguins forward Matt Cooke was suspended for the remainder of the regular season and first round of the playoffs by the NHL for elbowing Ryan McDonagh of the New York Rangers in the head.
Sidney Crosby's return date from a concussion is still unknown. Evgeni Malkin is headed toward surgery and won't play again until next season. Chris Kunitz is day to day, and Mike Comrie, Mark Letestu and Arron Asham are all sidelined with various injuries.
Brooks Laich scored a blue-collar goal, Marcus Johansson got a flashy one, and the Washington Capitals stayed super on Super Sunday, beating the star-starved Pittsburgh Penguins 3-0.
Marc Savard returned to the Boston Bruins' lineup Thursday night against Tampa Bay after a long fight with post-concussion syndrome.
Boston Bruins center Marc Savard, out because of post-concussion symptoms, returned to the ice Saturday after being medically cleared to practice.