- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Matt Holliday Items
The Nationals continued to struggle scoring runs in their 5-2 loss to the St. Louis Cardinals, finishing their road trip with four straight losses.
Adams homered for the third time in three games — all with his father in attendance — and Matt Holliday also went deep, helping the St. Louis Cardinals to a 5-2 victory and series sweep Sunday over the Washington Nationals.
Pitching in his hometown for the first time, David Phelps had plenty of support off the field. The New York Yankees pitcher could have a little more help between the lines.
Lance Lynn lobbied for nine more pitches. One base runner, St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny told the right-hander, and we go to the bullpen.
Even after surrendering the lead in the eighth inning, the Arizona Diamondbacks had two more chances to take control. Then, they finally cracked.
Arizona manager Kirk Gibson felt starting pitcher Wade Miley deserved the chance to try and earn a win Thursday against the St. Louis Cardinals.
Michael Wacha was a ball magnet, snaring a line drive instinctively just trying to protect his face and then making an early exit after a foul liner struck him just above the right elbow while he sat in the dugout.
Adam Wainwright was dominant on the mound.
Mike Matheny would like to forget this one as soon as possible.