- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Matt Laporta
First baseman Matt LaPorta and the Baltimore Orioles have agreed to a minor league contract.
Matt LaPorta, the key player acquired by the Cleveland Indians in a 2008 trade with Milwaukee for CC Sabathia, was sent to the minor leagues Tuesday.
Manager Manny Acta said the Cleveland Indians' demotion of first baseman Matt LaPorta to the minors Tuesday is a case of roster numbers.
Catcher Matt Treanor of the Kansas City Royals left the game after he was hit in the head in a plate collision with the Indians' Matt LaPorta.
Matt LaPorta is on the Cleveland Indians' disabled list, though his ankle injury may not be as serious as first feared.