- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Matt Thornton
Jered Weaver bounded off the field shouting and pumping his fist after quashing a base-loaded jam with no outs in the top of the eighth inning. He was pretty excited in the bottom half, too, as he watched his teammates walk around the bases.
The New York Yankees had as much trouble with plate umpire Laz Diaz's attitude as they did with his strike zone.
NEW YORK (AP) — Left-hander Matt Thornton completed his $7 million, two-year contract with the New York Yankees, who cut outfielder Vernon Wells.
An All-Star in 2005 and 2007, the 36-year-old Roberts had spent his entire 13-year major league career with Baltimore. He has not played a full season since 2009 because of injuries.
With job security out of the way, White Sox lefty Matt Thornton can now turn his attention to proving he should be Chicago's closer.
The Chicago White Sox have placed relievers Matt Thornton and J.J. Putz on the 15-day disabled list, leaving their bullpen a bit short on experience.
"House Majority PAC stands behind the facts in our ads," said Matt Thornton, communications director for the group.
"I've made that clear that I will do what they want, even before the deal," he said. "They gave me security and trust me. My goal is to stay in Chicago the rest of my career."