- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Topic - Matt Thornton
Jered Weaver bounded off the field shouting and pumping his fist after quashing a base-loaded jam with no outs in the top of the eighth inning. He was pretty excited in the bottom half, too, as he watched his teammates walk around the bases.
The New York Yankees had as much trouble with plate umpire Laz Diaz's attitude as they did with his strike zone.
NEW YORK (AP) — Left-hander Matt Thornton completed his $7 million, two-year contract with the New York Yankees, who cut outfielder Vernon Wells.
An All-Star in 2005 and 2007, the 36-year-old Roberts had spent his entire 13-year major league career with Baltimore. He has not played a full season since 2009 because of injuries.
With job security out of the way, White Sox lefty Matt Thornton can now turn his attention to proving he should be Chicago's closer.
The Chicago White Sox have placed relievers Matt Thornton and J.J. Putz on the 15-day disabled list, leaving their bullpen a bit short on experience.
"House Majority PAC stands behind the facts in our ads," said Matt Thornton, communications director for the group.
"He was always level," said White Sox reliever Matt Thornton, who was on the 2009 World Baseball Classic team that Johnson managed, describing Johnson's demeanor on Day 1 with the Nationals to a T. "He was always right there.