- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mavis Staples
As part of their "In Performance at the White House" series, the Obamas have invited Justin Timberlake, Al Green, Queen Latifah and many others to perform at the White House next week in a "Memphis Soul" concert, the White House announced today.
In a story Feb. 22 about the death of singer Cleotha Staples, The Associated Press reported erroneously that Pervis Staples was a sister. He was a brother and performed with The Staple Singers until 1968.
In a family of vocalists, it was Cleotha Staples' smooth and velvety voice that helped set apart the sound of the influential and best-selling gospel group The Staple Singers.
Elton John still fills stadiums worldwide on his own, but he'll share the spotlight with a dozen other musicians at Sunday's Grammy Awards.
Be it concert or charity auction, Bruce Springsteen can bring any event to a crescendo.
Elton John and Mumford & Sons will hit the Grammys stage to pay tribute to Levon Helm.
Jon Stewart is hosting the MusiCares salute to Bruce Springsteen.
Jon Stewart will host the MusiCares salute to Bruce Springsteen next month.
Michael Jackson is bathed in light, his arms outstretched and head back, as if crucified, at the end of Spike Lee's documentary "Bad 25" _ a fitting image for the late pop legend who to some extent basked in fame, but was also clearly tormented by it.
John Mayer, Gregg Allman, Dierks Bentley and several other musicians are getting together to pay tribute to the late Levon Helm.
The American premiere of the Philip Glass opera "Kepler," a concert by vocalist k.d. lang, and the return of Dublin's Gate Theatre highlight the 36th season of the Spoleto Festival USA this spring.
VH1 may have honored singing divas at its annual VH1 Divas special, but the night was all about collaboration.
Phoebe Snow, a bluesy singer, guitarist and songwriter who had a defining hit of the 1970s with "Poetry Man" but then largely dropped out of the spotlight to care for her disabled daughter, has died.
Grammy Award winners Chaka Khan and Jennifer Hudson are joining the 2011 lineup for the Essence Music Festival, which will be held over the Fourth of July holiday weekend in New Orleans, festival organizers said Tuesday.
Indie folk rockers The Decemberists will join singer-songwriters including Emmylou Harris and Gillian Welch for a weekend of music at the 2011 Newport Folk Festival.