- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
- ‘127 Hours’ author Aron Lee Ralston, who amputated arm in canyon, arrested in Denver
- Men posing as cops break into home of former deputy
- Berkshire County eschews greenback for own currency — BerkShares
- Hagel warns Pakistani leaders of U.S. aid losses over drone-strike protests
Latest Maya Angelou Items
Oprah Winfrey has given the world 25 years of poets and politicians, A-list actors and musicians and talk show topics that defined and reflected American culture.
Fifty-three students are traveling to Washington to represent their states in the National Finals of Poetry Out Loud competition.
"Every 21 minutes, our next possible leader is aborted," says a billboard motto on the South Side of Chicago from the pro-life group Life Always, emblazoned with a portrait of President Obama.
A frail former President George H.W. Bush and a Cardinal red-jacketed Stan "the Man" Musial were among the honorees awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by President Obama on Tuesday, who hailed the 15 winners of the nation's highest civilian award as "the best of who we are and who we aspire to be."
Before you read this book, check out the picture of the author on the inside back cover. What do you see - skepticism or sarcasm? By the time you finish the book, I think you'll agree with me that it is the latter. One way or the other, it is definitely a book with a lot of attitude.
In story December 14 about Maya Angelou, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the poet had won a Pulitzer Prize.
For Maya Angelou, the holidays bring family and friends to the table to eat, to laugh. and to one-up each other.